June 23, 2014

moving away with a Georgetown Cupcake


Why do the weekends go by so fast? Well, I had a nice weekend and I was somewhat sucessful with my eating. I actually managed to get a hold of some self control. Saturday we took my daughter to Bonefish Grill  for her birthday and I enjoyed some Bang Bang Shrimp and a nice Chilean Sea Bass lunch/dinner. My plan was to eat breakfast and combine the remaining calories with a late lunch/early dinner. We got to the restaurant at 4 and finished by 5:30. We went to the mall afterwards and killed another 2 hours of walking and trying on dresses, so by the time I got home, it was after 8pm. I logged my food on MFP (MyFitnessPal) thinking I was good to go but HOLY COW those Bang Bang shirmp were crazy high in calories- ugh! I ended up going over my daily calories by 14. Thankfully I only ate 1/4 of the appetizer otherwise it would have been really stupid ugly.

On Sunday morning a couple of my friends and I headed over to Georgetown Cupcake. Our friend "M" is moving to Texas today and a few weeks back we made a promise to get her in there for a salted caramel cupcake. She is crazy about most things that are salted caramel. The the last time we went there, I wrote a post here explaining how long the line was. Well this time we only had to wait about 15 minutes. I bought 3 (Peanut Butter Fudge, Marble Brownie Fudge Cheesecake & Lavender Earl Grey Teacake) and got a 4th (Chocolate Dipped Strawberry) one for free by mentioning the flavor of the day to the cashier. If you go to their facebook page Georgetown Cupcake they list their flavor of the day and all you have to do is mention it to the cashier & you will get it for free. Luckily we got there early enough that they still had some free ones.





After we got our cupcakes we walked and browsed the shops on M Street. We stopped at a place called Olivia Macaron it's a small shop across from Dean & DeLuca that sells all kinds of flavored macarons. They were $2 each which seems a bit high considering how small they are but what the heck, I bought the coffee one and coconut. The coconut was delish! I liked the coffee but it didn't have as strong of a coffee flavor as I would have liked. The shop had a cute wall of the macarons that was very colorful. We goofed around and took some pictures in front of it.






I got home around 5 and decided to try one of my cupcakes. I ate gobbled down the Peanut Butter Fudge one, OMG why does all the bad food taste so good. Why can't healthy food taste this good?? I felt guilty afterward and loaded the bike in the car and managed to get in 15 1/2 miles. It was nice and quiet on the path. I only saw 6 people at most either running or biking. It dawned on me after I got home that everyone must have been watching the USA soccer game. Go team USA !!


yes I had to take the customary pre bike selfie

some bikers ahead & nobody after that for about 7 miles
I will end this post with a good luck wish for my friend "M". Have a safe trip to Texas! Oh how we will miss going places and doing goofy things together. We will plan to come see you (((hugs))) my friend!!

good times my friend




2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow....why oh why did I have to read your blog today???? I am SOOOOOOOOO going to Georgetown Cupcake ASAP! I'm already plotting my weekend....my husband and I have talked about going for a nice long bike ride..And when we have a day off on the weekend we usually load up our bikes and go a bit further out (different scenery).....so I'm plotting a 'further out' ride that just may get us closer!!!!

    Good for you for getting in a ride after your indulgences!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a nice treat after a long ride. I saw lots of cyclist there too & that is something I would love to do one day.

      Delete