April 28, 2014

Taste of Vienna & Georgetown

Howdy peeps !!


 
 It was a beautiful weekend & I had to get out and do something. I really wanted to sign up and go run at the Manassas Runway 5K/10K race but I decided against it. I knew that if I signed up I would try to go all out making an attempt at beating my last years time which would have been quite difficult since I hadn't run in over 2 weeks. I made the right choice because I need to ease back into running so I do not re-aggravate my hamstring or any other muscles behind my knee.
Anyway, I ended up going out with a couple friends ("M" & "J") to a Taste of Vienna & Georgetown on Saturday.

This was the 3rd year that the Vienna volunteer fire department has hosted it. All the proceeds go directly to the fire department. It's a great way for the community to come out & see some of the local businesses.

It was very easy to find and we got lucky and found a parking spot practically across the street. They had a live band playing & had a tent set up selling alcohol tickets. We decided to split the price for 5 drink tickets so we each had a margarita. I also tried a dark beer later on that I never finished because it was pretty strong & kind of bitter tasting.

They had a nice variety of local restaurants to sample from. I decided to try out some fish tacos with chips & guacamole from Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar. The guacamole was good & I especially love eating it with the fried plantain, yucca & malanga. I guess it adds more uniqueness over eating it with just the standard tortilla chips.

We walked around some & checked out the other tents. We stopped at one that was selling imported dates. The owner buys a huge selection of dates from all over Saudi Arabia. We got to sample a few & I ended up buying a small bag of Ajwa dates. I love eating dates so it didn't take much to get me to buy a bag.

We took a few pictures & decided to go get a cupcake Georgetown Cupcake in DC. We got to Georgetown and saw that the line to get into the front door was 2 blocks long! We took a selfie group picture in front of it instead.



crazy long line to the door



We did a decent amount of walking & window shopping. We had a fun time in Dean & Deluca's. Luckily I brought my camera with me & had fun snapping pictures of miscellaneous things from the cute little decorated cookies to us goofing off in the wine section.







We finished our night with dinner at Mike's American Grill and future plan to definitely get a salted caramel cupcake at Georgetown Cupcake for "M" before she moves to Texas later this summer.

C&O Canal Towpath before the sun was setting


Until next time.......:D

No comments:

Post a Comment