June 17, 2014

Dear Fit n Trim Girl

Dear Fit n Trim Girl,

Some of us who come to this hospital (aka gym) are sufferers of what's known as Goodyear Disease. In my case, I am also suffering from an enlarged muffintop. It has not been pretty but it will not stop me from trying to reduce it's size. I may not look like your version of a typical runner but I am sure you figured that out after trying to race me on the treadmill & having to walk after 8 minutes. So my PSA (public service announcement) to you is never, never, never judge a "runner" by his or her size. Runners are all shapes and sizes and at all pace levels. Oh and one last thing, if you really want to know my speed, just ask. I would hate to see you pull a muscle in your neck from stretching it too hard just to see my screen.


2 comments:

  1. Good reminder for me. I struggle sometimes to think that I am a runner. Yet yesterday morning I ran 3.6 miles. It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty...but I ran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job !! It's never pretty no matter what the pace is but the feeling after is great. Nobody else ran those 3.6 miles except you. So yes you are a runner !

      Delete