June 10, 2014

Just my random 2 cent tips for photo taking.

I was looking at some Facebook photography pages recently and cringed at the sight of some of the pictures that were being showcased for their customers.
Ok let me preface this by saying that I am NOT the perfect photographer. I do not own a photography business.  I consider photography my semi-pro hobby & I have shot a fair share of portrait (seniors, newborns, wedding, family etc…) as well as event & pet portraits. First, if I were to go in business, I would make sure that my portfolio would include some of my best pictures. Second, if I were to post a preview image for one of my paying customers, it would be of one where all the T’s were crossed & I’s dotted.
So here are some of my 2 cent tips:

Taking photos/portraits at a different angle can create a unique photo but doing it with a body of water as you background can be tricky. Nothing looks more amateurish then seeing a nicely posed family portrait with the body of water in the background flowing diagonally.
Do not be afraid to use the flash while taking outdoor images unless you prefer shadows on your customers faces.
When taking a close up facial portrait, please make sure the eyes are at least in focus. You know the saying “the eyes are the window to the soul”. There is nothing like looking at an out of focus window = close up portrait ruined.

When doing a full body shot make sure you do not amputate limbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment