June 17, 2014

2 flats & my friend Casey

Yesterday going home from work it was 90 ° and very humid. I couldn't decide if I wanted to hit the gym or ride my bike outside. Well the bike always wins so I decided to ride around my neighborhood & check out the progress of this new golf course community they are building. The first 5 1/2 miles were great then I got a flat tire in the back. I stopped to inspect and re-inflated it and tried to ride but only got to 10 feet before it went flat again. It was after stopping and flipping the bike over to begin changing the tube when I noticed the front was flat too. How the hell does that happen? So here I am in this new neighborhood with 2 flat tires,1 spare tube and 1.5 miles from home. Many colorful metaphors were spoken as I made my way back home walking with my bike.



I wrote a post (here) last summer about a group that I belong to called "I Run 4" where you are paired up with someone who is unable to run. My buddy is Casey & I wrote her a note about my ride on the IRUN4 Facebook group yesterday. Well her mom let me know that Casey has not been doing well & had to visit the hospital. So if you pray, I am asking that you say a prayer for my running buddy. She is the sweetest little girl. You can read all about her here.

I plan to head to the bike shop for 2 more spare tubes. Hopefully I will be back out on the road on Wednesday or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment