June 13, 2014

Dietbet Day #5 ~ Will I survive the weekend?

A few posts back I mentioned that I signed up to play in this Dietbet game. If you'd like to participate you still can, the pot is almost $20,000.00. You can click here if you want to join the challenge.


Well today is day 5 of the Dietbet challenge & so far it's been going well. I have exercised everyday this week & have also stayed under my daily calorie goals. Yay me !!

What's completely amazing is I even got up at the ass-crack of dawn on Monday & Wednesday to go to a 5am spin class at the gym. I love spin class & getting up that early was rough but it sure does make for a good start to your day. The only time I ever get up THAT early is for a running race. I am going to try to make it 3 days next week. I need to work on going to bed by 9:30pm. 

advantage of early morning class is you can pick where you want to "ride"

The biggest battle I face is the weekend. For some reason, I find it to be the hardest time for me to stay on track. It's easier during the week because I have a set schedule because of work. It's especially going to be hard because on Saturday we will be at a lake having a BBQ picnic & celebrating 3 birthdays plus a high school graduation. But I am not going to worry because I've already devised my plan of action. I am going to wake up super early on Saturday morning to go on a LONG bike ride. I know that if I can manage a 2 hour ride without upsetting the 'queen' (guys this doesn't apply to you) I can burn off a motherload of calories. Then I can actually enjoy the food a the BBQ without feeling so guilty.

2 hour bike ride = nice hunk o' ribs 


I am actually looking forward to riding my bike. We have had rain everyday this week & the forecast for the weekend is gorgeous. Sunday will be a great day to be outside for Fathers Day too.



No comments:

Post a Comment