June 16, 2014

Back to the grind

Well I sorta stuck to my plan this weekend. I survived most of the weekend without crashing and burning in Dietville. 

On Saturday morning I stuck to my plan and got up early and headed out on my bike. I decided to ride on the local running/biking trail near me. When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a few of my running friends from the running club. I chatted with them for a bit before taking off on my bike. The first 8 miles were nothing but headwinds but I did not mind because first, I knew that coming back would be an easier ride & second, why complain on such a beautiful morning considering the last 4 days were nothing but rain. I didn't meet my goal of a 2 hour bike ride because, let's just say the Queen was not having it. I ended up going 16 miles in a little over an hour & torching 818 calories. It averaged out to 13.7 mph which I am sure it would have been much faster if I would have paused my watch at mile 8. I stopped & spent about 5 minutes taking pictures (call me a geek). 


 I got home and fixed up something to take to the BBQ. It was a nice feeling knowing that I could eat what I wanted and not feel guilty about it. 

The birthday BBQ was fun & we enjoyed catching up with friends and family. Surprisingly I managed rather well with the food, I ended up with 500+ left over calories by the time I went to bed that nigh. SCORE for Saturday!!

Now here is where it all goes down like a lead ball. Sunday was Fathers Day (Happy late Father's Day to all the Dad's out there). I started the morning off with toast & coffee. Lunch was Thai food (some seafood dish I cannot remember the name of & some rice) & then a rootbeer float after that. Dinner was 2 grilled  portabello mushroom caps, 1 spare rib & 4 oreo cookies. Ended the day with zero exercise & a major overage on my daily calories = GAH !!! Oh well, shit happens I suppose. 




So here we are on Monday & a start to a new week. The alarm clock won the battle this morning & I was unable to make it to the spin class so it looks like I will be do something after work. I may try to go on another ride as long as my sitbones aren't screaming at me or perhaps a short 2-3 mile run. 


 


2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo. Wanton to get back in my bike!!!! For some reason my rides seem to always get cancelled though!!!! You've got this. One day at a time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love riding the bike ! Yes indeed, one day at a time :)

    ReplyDelete