September 17, 2014

trying to get back in the game



Yesterday I finally got my stuff together and managed to do a 2 mile run on the treadmill at my work gym. It was not pretty & my legs felt like big cinder blocks but afterwards I definitely was giving myself some high fives for actually doing it!

post run pic
Hmm... it's really ridiculous that my spare tire gut still shows despite sucking it in while I took this post run pic. I need to look back at this picture as a reminder whenever I re-lose the weight I have gained back.

Baby steps...

My pace is definitely a looooooong way from the 9-9:45 min/mile that it was earlier this year but this is due to not consistently running. Re-gaining the 20+lbs doesn't help matters much either.





Today I plan on going on a long walk during my lunch hour & hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a bike ride after work this evening.


1 comment:

  1. Good job for getting that run in!!!! And as for your pace....you've still got me beat by about 2.5 minutes per mile!!! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete