September 19, 2014

Slowly inching closer to the motivation train



Yesterday was day 3 of exercise for me this week & I am feeling like I have so much more energy. Amazing how just a little bit of daily exercise can do that.


After work, I went out on a 15 mile bike ride. I planned on going on a 10 mile ride but ended up doing 15. It's been so nice this week with the cooler temperatures & I have no clue why I haven't taken advantage of it until now. Last night it was a bit warmer & you could feel the slight rise in humidity but even with that, it was still a beautiful evening to ride. I started out going at my normal speed for the first few miles but then I decided to try and pick up the pace. I planned on turning around after 5 miles to make it an even 10 mile ride but I felt like going a for a few more miles. I wanted the ride to average out to at least 15 mph so I picked up the pace after mile 7. When I got back to the parking lot I was quite happy to see my total ride speed averaged out to 15.4 mph.

Now if only I could maintain 17 mph like I did for the last 5 miles throughout the entire ride. I would be doing my own little the happy dance in the parking lot. One day it will happen. I just need to lighten the load (aka LOSE WEIGHT).



I ran into these lovely friends when I got back to my car. They were getting ready to head out on their 3 mile run. They snapped this picture of me and posted it next to their group pre run photo in our running club.


I cringed when I saw this pcture of me posted on our running group page this morning but this is a good reminder of why I need to exercise and eat right. I REFUSE to buy bigger jeans. SCREW THAT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment