September 29, 2014

Lego's, meal prep & a Facebook free weekend

Well I survived a Facebook free weekend & overall it was nice. The only bad part of my weekend was having to stay at home on both days. The Hubs was supposed to work on my car Saturday & by 3pm he said it was too late in the day to start. That was kind of annoying because most of the day was wasted indoors when I could have actually done something else.


Well it wasn't a total waste because while inside the house I was able to spy on my little guy who was busy at work creating a Lego battlefield. I love watching him use his imagination and create things. It's funny because I stood behind the door just listening to him talking to himself, pretending that he was in the middle of this epic battle. Before opening the door, I ran down stairs & grabbed my camera to take some pictures of what he made.



He said it was a war with the boat guys verses the Storm Troopers.

the boat guys





Sunday Hubs woke up early and spent the entire day fixing my car. I offered to help but he said no thanks & that I would only be in the way- LOL. I love that man! 

random picture of this Toad outside that I almost stepped on
I spent the morning watching some cooking show which gave me the idea to make it a food prep day. I pulled out some boneless chicken and a couple pieces of frozen salmon. I seasoned the salmon with blackened old bay & the chicken with Mrs. Dash. I wrapped each of them up in individual aluminum foil packs & baked them. I also roasted a pan full of some bell peppers, potatoes, carrots & mushrooms. I just sprinkled them with minced garlic, salt & pepper & cooked them with some coconut oil. I was definitely in a cooking mood because I also made a casserole of macaroni & cheese and a casserole of spinach quiche. I finished with cooking and clean up after 4pm. I was so ready to sit down but I was so happy to have most of my lunches packed and ready for the week. I think I am going to try and make this a regular thing. Notice the word "try"


No comments:

Post a Comment