September 15, 2014

Truckeroo, Guardian of the Galaxy & another bike ride

Here we are again on Monday. Well after yesterdays "woe is me, cry me a river, boo hoo" post about being fat and in Lazyville, I actually packed some workout clothes to take with me to work this morning. I plan on trying to make some time to exercise this afternoon at my work gym or immediately after work. Hopefully I will be able to "sneak" away from my cubicle.

I also want to blog about my weekend which went by entirely too fast. On Friday I got a text from "J" asking if I wanted to check out Truckeroo. We were told about this event a few months ago from our friend M before she moved away to Texas. Truckeroo is a monthly food truck festival & it's located next to Nationals Park on Half & M Street. It takes place in this area that's cordoned off with empty shipping cargo containers. I guess whoever designed it was going for an industrial look.


a stones throw behind the cornhole container is Nationals Park
It has a dozen or more food trucks selling all kinds of different foods and desserts.



It was quite interesting to see all the different trucks. As soon as, I saw the lobster truck I knew that is what I was having. I LOVE lobster!

waiting in line behind these guys for lobster 
The line was long but not nearly as long as the line for the TaKorean (Korean bbq taco's) truck. It cost me $15 for the sandwich and another $8 for can of Redds Apple Ale. Yeah $23 for a sandwich and beer is a bit high but I must say it was a delicious meal.


Maine Lobster roll 

love this stuff so yummy
J decided to get a cajun shrimp wrap at Doug the Food Dude's truck.


After finishing our food we walked around for a bit and checked out the other trucks. We debated on getting desert and after seeing the long line at the cupcake truck we decided to pass.





It was getting dark and chilly and neither of us brought a jacket so before leaving we made our way over to the other end to check out the band that was playing. Overall it was fun evening. 

Saturday afternoon my little guy and I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy. Although I wasn't excited when he insisted that this was what he wanted to watch, I am glad I gave in to his demands begging because it was a really good movie. 

I love this little guy. He's growing up so fast. 
I ended my weekend with a leisurly 10 mile bike ride with J. It was such a beautiful day to be outside. I love this kind of weather. Oddly enough there were not many bikers or runners on the path. I am guessing that everyone was inside watching the football game. We did see a guy and his kid riding a tandem bike.


  After 8 miles we stopped at a small nursery that is just off the path. 


They had all kinds of plants and a small table with some vegetables & fruits. 


they had some huge tomatoes 

We each had an apple before riding the last 2 miles.


amazing how a small apple can be such a refreshing treat



 We got back on the path and I had to stop to take a picture of these interesting looking bushes.






1 comment: