July 2, 2014

Stop and Smell the Roses

On Sunday evening, a lady that is in my running & cycling group posted on Facebook that she was giving away her son's 21 speed hybrid bike for free because he had outgrown it and she was tired of it sitting in the shed. Of course, I jumped on that post immediately. My son's bike has no extra gears & is heavy as a tank, plus he's been begging me to get him a geared bike. I drove to her house during my lunch hour on Monday and picked it up. When I picked my little one up from summer camp it was like watching him at Christmas. His eyes lit up when he saw the bike in the back of the van.



We got home and did a 3 mile ride around the neighborhood together. I had to repeat quite a few times to only shift gears while pedaling. After a few minutes of practice he seemed to have gotten the hang of it. It was so wonderful to go riding with him.



I really wanted to get my mileage in and burn more calories but sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses. Just sharing those special moments & seeing the joy in your childs face from a short bike ride is worth every single second. I was able to snag some pictures of our ride with my cell phone. BEST. BIKE. RIDE. EVER !!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome awesome post. You got exercise. You got time with your son. And you got to experience the pure joy of his new bike!

    ReplyDelete