October 15, 2014

Night Rider Lumina 380




My bike riding has gone from 3-4 days a week to 1-2 days due to the loss of daylight hours. My brother and I were talking about this last week & he recommended getting a light. Yesterday I was online & saw that the LBS (local bike shop) had their headlights on sale. I went over during my lunch hour and checked out what they had in stock. I didn't want to spend more than $50 but ended up buying this one for $66. It was orignially priced at $89.99 & was on sale for $69.99 but I got an additional $7.00 off for their lunchtime shop and save promo. SCORE !!

The rest of the day went so slooooooow, 4pm couldn't get here fast enough. Don't you hate it when that happens? I felt like a kid at Christmas wanting to test out my new toy but was forced to wait. 



Installation was very easy. No tools required because it came with it's own built in mount & all I had to do was screw it down tight. 

I took off riding just as the sun was setting & the first 5+ miles seemed very easy which was not normal on this path because it's a very subtle uphill grade. I got to the halfway point without issue & turned around to head back. Holy cow it was HARD! The last 5 + miles were met with nothing but wind. My legs were certainly feeling the burn & it was as if I was barely even moving. By this time of course, it was pitch black with exception of the occasional light from the cars going by. 


Just to get an idea of how bright this light is here's a picture. The light comes with 3 settings (low/medium/high) & this was taken on the low setting. Pardon the blurry picture, it's not the greatest but I have to pat myself on the back because trying to take a picture while traveling by bike on a pitch black path takes some skill- LOL. 

I got back to the car, loaded the bike & uploaded my ride data to Garmin Connect. I was pleasantly surprised to have averaged a 16 mph ride. I guess one of the benefits of riding in the dark is that I am not constantly looking at my watch.




1 comment:

  1. Yay to a new toy that gets you time in your bike!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete