August 18, 2014

Back to school for the oldest one

Has it really been more than a week since I last posted & why is summer is nearly over?? Geez time sure does fly!




This past weekend we helped move our oldest "S" into her first apartment for her sophmore year of college. School doesn't officially start until Monday, August 25th. Freshman move in day begins this Friday and returning students on Saturday so I am glad she moved into her apartment early. I remember moving her into the dorm last year and the traffic on I81was quite congested at times and then I remember dealing with more congestion at the school. It was a mad house.

Beautiful drive toward the mountains 
streets around campus are pretty empty


In other news, my attempts at biking last week were met with more flat tires. On Thursday I planned to get in a long ride 15-20 miles because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it over the weekend due to packing and moving. I drove over to the trail & got my bike out and filled both tires with the correct amout of air. I started getting my shoes and my helmet on when all the sudden I heard a big BANG. It totally scared the shit out of me. I looked around and noticed that my back tire was flat! WTH!! I was so mad because I used the last spare tube I had fixing the back tire on my last ride & I didn't have another spare tube. I just packed everything back into the van and drove over to Walmart & bought 2 more tubes. I got home and started changing the tube & upon inspection of the tire I noticed a slash on the sidewall. Ah-ha! problem solved, time for a new tire. I am guess that slash in the tire was the culprit for these last 2 flat tires I've had to deal with

On Sunday afternoon I went to the local bike shop and bought a new tire and had it plus the tube put on, $54 was a bit steep but I got a good quality tire and I was ready to ride but it would have to wait until Monday because I had little guy all day. Hubby went to the junk yard with a buddy of his and did not get home until after 7. I spent the rest of my day cleaning and organizing the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment