November 6, 2016

R.I.P Dakota 2003-2016





We had to say goodbye to our beloved Dakota. In 2006 we welcomed her into our house as a "temporary home" until my brother could find a permanent home for her. Well needless to say, she grew on us and we decided to keep her. Over the years, we had our share of emotional ups and downs and boy did she know how to test our patience. She was a popular neighborhood runaway who was also a frequent overnight guest at the Prince William Animal Shelter. I'll never forget on one of her last escape adventures, she made the choice to try and befriend a skunk. She reminded us of this for several weeks even after half a dozen baths. I used to call her my little shadow because everywhere I'd go she would be right there behind me. The only time she'd bark was for the doorbell or when Family Feud was on the TV. We would laugh so hard whenever Family Feud was on because every time she'd hear the "ding" sound from where they'd reveal the answer, she would bark thinking someone was at the door. We were blessed to have shared 10+ years of memorable moments with her. She will always be remembered most for the unconditional love, joy and happiness that she brought to our family. 
Until we meet again sweet furry friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment