May 16, 2014

Cape Canaveral ~ Cocoa Beach (Day 4 our last day)

Our flight back departed at 7:50pm so we spent part of our day going to the beach. We drove to Cocoa Beach & Cape Canaveral.



It took us about an hour of driving from Orlando. We decided to go get something to eat before heading to the beach, so we stopped at Subway.


We happened to have parked next to a huge monster truck & I had to get a picture to show the comparison.
I really enjoyed the beach, it sort of reminded me of the Outer Banks where you pretty much have the beach to yourself. I much prefer the quiet low key beaches verses the touristy overcrowded beaches like Ocean City or Virginia Beach.






When we left I couldn't help but notice the bug war attack that was launched on my brothers windshield from our drive to the beach. Crazy how many bugs there were!


We stopped to get some ice cream & they had this sign outside of the shop. 


When we arrived back at my brothers house his girlfriend had a surprise birthday cake and presents for J. That was so sweet & he was so happy!



After eating cake and packing up our suitcases it was time to head to the airport to say our goodbyes & head home on our flight.


The flight home was good and J kept occupied with the tablet. We arrived at night and I had to take a picture of the dramatic looking clouds from the airport parking garage. 


Overall it was a great trip and J loved his surprise birthday present. A big thank you to my brother D & his girlfriend M for hosting us and letting us stay at their home. We love you guys !


No comments:

Post a Comment