May 21, 2014

A 2014 senior portrait session with Ms. "A"

Lately my running & exercise has been pretty much non existent but I can definitely say that my camera has been getting quite a workout. From my recent Florida trip to doing a portrait session this past weekend for an upcoming 2014 graduate.

We decided to make the drive down to Historic Fredericksburg, VA to do our shoot. I remember coming here last year with my daughter and absolutely loved it! What I love the most is that it is not packed with people and it provides plenty of good spots for photo opportunities.


It would have been a shorter drive by simply going to Old Town Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria is beautiful & the water scenes are nice but the last time I went there, I found it to be such a hassle finding a decent parking space, plus it was crowded. I don't mind crowds but when your carrying a bunch of camera equipment it can be a pain.

Here are a few from our session.






While walking around I ran into the manager of my local Starbucks. Years of stopping at his store every morning to get my fix (aka dark roast) and chit chatting, you learn quite a bit about someone. I already knew that he lived in the area and so I asked if he could recommend any other good photo locations. He recommended that I check out Chatham Manor. I am so glad I took up his suggestion, definitely worth the visit.

my lovely daughter


Chatham Manor is a Georgian style mansion that sits on a hill that faces Old Town Fredericksburg overlooking the Rappahannock River. It is free to walk the grounds & has some beautiful views. We got there well after 4pm & did not have a lot of time to really check the place out but I will definitely go back when I have more time.

Until next time.....D

No comments:

Post a Comment