March 31, 2014

Hello Bloggy world !! it's been a LONG time.

EDIT UPDATE: as of 4/2 I just figured out how to back date posts on blogger. I have been going through my prior races, writing up recaps & posting them in chronological date order. This is the explanation for the blog post below. Just so your not scratching you heads in confusion, but it really has been 2.5 years since I last updated.

Yeah 2.5 years is a super long break. I know BAD blogger! Well after I last blogged I sort of went into a self pitty party if you call it that & just did my day to day thing. I was exercising & eating well then fell off the wagon so to speak. It all changed in January when someone posted a picture of me on Facebook. Prior to that picture being posted I was in such denial that I would tell myself "I'm not that big" or "I'm just a few pounds heavier". Well folks, that picture on Facebook is what did the trick. I was so embarrassed and horrified that everyone in my friends list would see it that I immediately untagged myself from it and decided that day that I would get healthier. Well so far I have lost 72 pounds & have gained back about 15 over this past winter. I am trying to lose those 15 AGAIN plus another 40.

How did I lose weight?

Well when I started, I  wrote down everything I ate for a month & then eventually I found an app called MyFitnesPal and logged my food there. I take it one day at a time. I look at losing weight like a long distance race. You want to run the whole distance without stopping but sometimes you have to just walk portions of it but eventually if you keep going you will cross the finish line.

My love for running...

After losing the first 20 pounds I downloaded an app called Couch 2 5k. I did the program & in 8 weeks I was running a 5K. I felt on the top of the world when I did my final run of that program. It was such a natural high & that is when I knew I LOVED to run. That year I ran 6 -5K's, 1 - 8 mile relay, 1- mud obstacle race, 1- Color Run, 1- 10K & a Half Marathon

I have been running ever since. I have also picked up a love for cycling. I bought a road bike in 2013 & have added cycling to my list of healthy loves.

I plan on using this blog to write down my race recaps & other blah blah blah's that I feel like writing about.

So until next time...:D

No comments:

Post a Comment