November 7, 2011

Giving back & a quick update

It has been awhile since I last updated. Now if only I had the same love of blogging like I do photography *sigh*. It seems like time just slips away and I never seem to have (or want to make) time to update my blog. I cannot believe 2011 is nearing the end & 2012 is knocking at our doors. 
Since my last post, I kind of put my photography on hold and focused more on getting healthier & fit. Sometimes you have to change the scenery in order to "re-charge" your creative batteries (so to speak). 
I am happy to report that my nephew is almost done with his radiation treatments in Boston & will be heading home toward the middle of this month~ YAY!! They were unable to get all of the tumor & he will need periodic future follow ups to check & see if it grows. I know he will win this fight. Did you know that on average 46 children are diagnosed with cancer per day? I have also noticed that you see a lot of pink (breast cancer) but very little gold (childhood Cancer). I am not knocking Breast Cancer because it is important but I am shocked that very minimal funding is given for childhood Cancer research.  I have been trying find ways to give back & help out a family who has a child/teen who has been affected by Cancer. Wouldn't a family portrait session be nice to give to a family as a gift? 
Ok I will get off my soapbox.
I hope to update again soon & below is a tribute to all the beautiful children that God has blessed us with............Until next time :D













No comments:

Post a Comment