June 8, 2011

A day spent in Baltimore

Last weekend I spent a day in Baltimore with my sister n law and nephew. We had a nice time walking around Fells Point, visiting Fort McHenry & touring Baltimore Harbor. We did not have time to go on the Pirate Cruise but I told my nephew that I would take him next time they are in Baltimore. 
This was not just an ordinary visit/get together, although I wish it was.
You see, my nephew who is a super kid, with a great personality & happens to be very smart has a rare type of bone cancer & he was getting ready for his 2nd brain surgery. He had his surgery on Monday & is currently recovering. He still has a lifelong road of doctor visits & future radiation treatments. 
Cancer is the devil & I hope that one day research will find a cure for it. 
I used to think like "oh how I hate Monday's" but you quickly learn that everyday is a gift from God that should be cherished, enjoyed & appreciated. 
Until next time...........:D
















No comments:

Post a Comment